On the show, we have with us Brenden Kumarasamy – Founder of Master Talk
Listen on: Apple Podcast | Google Podcast | Spotify| Castbox
Brenden is the founder of MasterTalk, that he started to help the world master the art of public speaking and communication.
He coaches purpose-driven entrepreneurs on how to master their message and share their ideas with the world
Brenden believes anyone can become confident public speakers and storytellers. From students to CEO’s Brenden teaches you how to master your speeches, presentations, and solicitations.
Further, He also speaks on how to present amazing online presentations and how to craft the perfect pitch.
If there’s one word that describes him, it has to be Impact.
Key Points we discussed:
- Brenden’s Love for public speaking
- Key elements to the structure of a speech
- How to deliver an impactful speech
- How to prepare for corporate presentation
- Importance of storytelling and voice modulation in Public Speaking
- 03:50 – How Brenden discovered love for public speaking?
- 05:08 – Why he chose public speaking to add meaning to his life?
- 07:58 – How was his first public speaking experience?
- 10:28 – What kind of fears people have for public speaking?
- 12:27 – How to have good content and structure for your speech?
- 15:10 – How to have an impactful introduction and conclusion?
- 19:12 – Preparation that needs to be done before making a corporate presentation?
- 21:50 – Exercises that one can do before heading for presentations?
- 23:02 – How to get better at voice modulation and voice pitch?
- 26:53 – How to use storytelling in your speeches?
- 30:41 – Quickfire segment
- When preparing for your speech align it with a jigsaw puzzle. As in puzzle, you start from corners, when it comes to speech preparation, Start with Introduction and Conclusion. Practice them at least 50 to 100 times and only this single activity will make you confident than ever before when you go to deliver your speech.
- A good way to structure your speech is to open up with an idea, defend the idea in the body of the speech, and in conclusion share with the audience how the world would be different if the idea gets implemented.
- Ask yourself 1 hard question every day. You can do it in front of a mirror, Make this mirror as your accountability mirror where you become vulnerable and come up with answers to these hard hitting questions and challenging yourself to become a better version of yourself by providing answers to these questions.
Connect With Brenden on
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
Follow The Midlife Station on
And last, may I request you?
If you enjoyed listening to the episode, then can you please subscribe to this podcast so that you never miss on our latest episode
Also, do share your love and feedback on the podcast, our guests, and pretty much anything that you want to convey. You can write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last but not the least, if you think someone will benefit from the show, then please do spread the word and share the podcast with them
Best Wishes and Cheers 🙂