- In the 1st half, we focus on financial challenges that come in during midlife, the challenges related to debts, savings mindset, and also around generating alternate sources of income
- In the latter half, we pick up Pardeep’s brain around the future of the content industry, key success principles required in the content business, and how one can become an expert in producing content.
- 03:32 – Why Cashoverflow was started?
- 04:55 – Experience and learnings from failed startups
- 07:26 – Why he chose finance as a niche for content writing business?
- 08:41 – What specific Finance topics Pardeep wanted to share through his writing?
- 10:50 – Why do people fall into the debt trap?
- 13:46 – How to come out of debt?
- 17:55 – Views around taking home loans to save tax?
- 22:58 – How to work on mindset when it comes to saving?
- 26:12 – How to use a credit card effectively for saving?
- 27:38 – Are credit card savings still comparable to what they were 5 years back?
- 29:22 – How should a person at midlife plan his finance for a career transition?
- 34:25 – What are few effective ways to earn alternate sources of income?
- 36:13 – Difference between content writing and content marketing?
- 37:54 – How to go about doing research for content?
- 39:34 – How to add insights and be unique while producing content?
- 42:25 – How to get and use feedback effectively to become better at producing content?
- 45:34 – Where is the content writing industry heading towards?
- 49:29 – Quickfire segment
- If you have badly stuck in debt then as the first step try segregating debts, between high v/s low-interest one. Try to close high-interest ones like a credit card, either through your savings or by selling things that you do not need. Once this gets fixed, you can move the focus on low-interest ones by using part of your income
- One needs to understand the difference between Saving and Investment and shouldn’t mix both of them. The primary purpose of Saving is to preserve the money by ensuring it grows at par with inflation whereas the goal of the investment is to earn money and beat inflation. If needed, always hire an investment advisor who can guide you in your investment journey
- Whether you are working on your business or for a company, consistency is the key element that separates successful people from the rest. Ensure that you are consistent in whatever you do, it may be producing content every day or doing exercise every day or taking ownership and showing up every time when there are problems or challenges that you encounter while working in your company or in your business.
Connect With Pardeep on
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Cashoverflow Blog
- Pardeep Articles on Your Story
- The Surrender Experiment by Michael A Singer
- 4 Hour work week
Follow The Midlife Station on
And last, may I request you?
If you enjoyed listening to the episode, then can you please subscribe to this podcast so that you never miss on our latest episode
Also, do share your love and feedback on the podcast, our guests, and pretty much anything that you want to convey. You can write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last but not the least, if you think someone will benefit from the show, then please do spread the word and share the podcast with them
Best Wishes and Cheers :)Whether you are working on your busienss or for company, consistency is key element which seperates succesful people from the rest. Ensure that you ar econsistent in whatever you do, it may be producing content everyday or doing exercise every day or taking ownership and showing up everytime when there are problems or challenges that you encoutner while working in your company or in your business