- Early part of his life and why he chose IT career
- Quitting high paying cushy job and moving onto organic farming in his 40’s
- Details and Deep Insights around Organic farming and differences when compared to traditional farming
- Advice for people looking out to pivot onto totally different field or unrelated industry
- 04:51 – What kind of childhood and environment did Rahul grew up with ?
- 07:10 – Any exposure to farming during his childhood days ?
- 08:30 – Why did Rahul chose IT career inspite of being an Economics graduate ?
- 14:14 – Why did he think about doing organic farming and rather not continue with stable IT career
- 19:46 – How did family react to decision on pursuing a career in organic farming and leaving IT job
- 23:05 – Difference between organic farming and traditional farming ?
- 29:00 – Ways in which soil can be kept active in natural farming?
- 35:36 – Why is soil not kept active in traditional agriculture?
- 44:00 – Challenge and struggles Rahul faced when he switched from IT to organic farming
- 49:14 – Initiatives taken around educating students on organic farming & community supported agriculture
- 53:17 – Advice for people who want to pivot to something totally different than what they are doing currently
- 56:34 – Quick fire segment
- If you plan to pivot to something different than your current line of work, then it is imperative that you come out of the bubble and take action towards your goal. Have a bit of craziness and insanity so that you can quickly switch yourself out from planning into actual execution mode
- Organic or natural farming is needed to keep our food system healthy . Instead of relying on pesticides and chemical fertilizers that may damage the plants and food , organic farming focuses and relies on keeping the soil active and giving the nutrients back to soil through methods like crop rotation and Green maneuvering
- It is equally important for each one of us to identify and solve at least 1 real problem that world is facing today to whatever capacity we can as this will help in making the country a better place to live in not only for us but also for our future generations
Connect With Rahul on
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- NIT Kurukshetra
- Green Revolution
- Community Supported Agriculture
- Green Manuring
- Mono Cropping
Follow The Midlife Station on
And last, may I request you?
If you enjoyed listening to the episode, then can you please subscribe to this podcast so that you never miss on our latest episode
Also, do share your love and feedback on the podcast, our guests, and pretty much anything that you want to convey. You can write to me at email@example.com
Last but not the least, if you think someone will benefit from the show, then please do spread the word and share the podcast with them
Best Wishes and Cheers 🙂