On the show we have with us Nimrata Kapoor – Founder of NimTalkingTalent.
Listen on: Apple Podcast | Google Podcast | Spotify| Castbox
Are you struggling to get that interview call? Do you feel you are at cross roads? Is your career plan past it’s expiration date?
Meet Nimrata, the force behind NimTalkingTalent, a boutique career coaching and people advisory firm which provides world class Resume, LinkedIn, Career Coaching, Interview Coaching and Organization Design and Career Model interventions.
On a career break after a long journey in HR post XLRI which saw her leading HR, L&D and Leadership Development agendas for leading firms, her moment of epiphany was when she realized that people often failed to project their stories or were struggling to script the next page in their stories.
Organizations tend to provide a lot of support to people but cannot support their “personal career” agendas completely. Helping individuals understand their true north, craft winning propositions and welding the power of human performance with organization design are her forte.
Key Points we discussed:
- Key aspects anyone should posses for career progression
- Building world class resume
- Importance of cover letter and executive Bio
- Powerful Networking technique for Job search
- Interview preparation and Importance of Mock interview
- How to do Interview Follow up
- 00:14 – Nimrata passion discovery for HR
- 03:38 – Top 3 key aspects that are overlooked by professionals when it comes to career progression
- 09:16 – Common pitfalls one tends to miss while preparing an impactful resume
- 16:01 – Is it important that resume aligns with the company’s vision
- 17:58 – How do keyword and ATS work
- 19:38 – Tips on making resume stand out wrto format etc
- 21:34 – Does the length of the resume matter?
- 24:06 – Difference between cover letter and executive bio
- 28:16 – Steps one can take for job search once we have an impactful resume
- 36:32 – Tips on pre-interview preparation like mock interviews?
- 44:05 – Common pitfalls to avoid when it comes to body language for video interviews
- 45:14 – What kind of questions to ask an interviewer
- 46:50 – Follow up technique one can adopt post the interview
- 49:20 – Quickfire segment
- For career progression you should continuously focus and plan on filling out any knowledge gap that may come along your way, work on getting better at the art of persuasion & develop that strong urge and ambition that shakes yourself out of the comfort zone.
- Recruiter looks at your resume for max 6 to 8 secs, so keep it to max 2 pages and ensure the hot zone is covered that includes name, title or target title, summary , your top achievements and Your unique selling proposition
- Networking is key element to any job search . To develop effective network, Shortlist your friends & colleagues – pick up the phone , call them up and ask them to provide at least 2 contacts who can help you here. Be persistent with this approach for 30-40 days and soon you would have a solid connection of 200+ people whom you could bank on for your job search
Connect With Nimrata on
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Peter Principle
- First Break all the Rules by Marcus Buckingham
- Mindset by Carol s Dweck
- Shobhaa De
- Twinkle Khanna
Follow The Midlife Station on
And last, may I request you?
If you enjoyed listening to the episode, then can you please subscribe to this podcast so that you never miss on our latest episode
Also, do share your love and feedback on the podcast, our guests, and pretty much anything that you want to convey. You can write to me at email@example.com
Last but not the least, if you think someone will benefit from the show, then please do spread the word and share the podcast with them
Best Wishes and Cheers 🙂