Due to the impact that Boon Box has created, Ram was also recently facilitated by Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu with Inspirational role model award @ CII Connect Awards 2020
- How one can develop an entrepreneur and an innovative mindset
- Learnings from the corporate world
- The story behind Boon Box inception in his early 40s and scaling it to 3 lakh villages
- How to build world class team and decision making process he follows
- Advice for people who are in midlife and are thinking about entrepreneurship
- 00:37 – What do we mean by having an entrepreneur mindset?
- 02:39 – How one can develop an innovative mindset?
- 06:56 – 3 learnings Ram had while being in a corporate world
- 09:32 – How was the idea of Boon Box was born?
- 11:38 – Was Ram determined to go all out right from the word go?
- 14:14 – What steps one who is in middle age can take if he wants to do something different?
- 20:26 – What does Boon Box as a company do?
- 22:25 – How was the initial phase when you got started being on your own?
- 24:05 – How did Boon Box went ahead building a world-class team?
- 28:10 – Boon Box operations and business model?
- 30:26 – Exotic locations that Boon Box has delivered?
- 31:50 – Consumer story that touched his heart wrto how Boon Box is making an impact?
- 33:78 – Major setback and how he navigated through it?
- 35:14 – Decision-making process that Ram follows?
- 37:35 – How Boon Box looks at threats from competition like Amazon’s and Flipkart’s of the world?
- 39:08 – Vision for Boon Box going forward
- 39:51 – Quickfire segment
- It’s key to always maintain an entrepreneur’s mindset irrespective of whether one is in a job or on his own. Take complete ownership and do what is right for the company and not just for sake of looking good in front of others.
- Be creative and try to innovate- innovation is only for few brilliant folks is a myth. The key is to develop a questioning mindset and back yourself with full confidence. Go out and question every single assumption that you come across, we humans right from our birth are gifted with a questioning mindset, go ahead and use it
- It is never too late to start something of your own. In fact, the 40s is a wonderful age, you have a vast amount of wisdom, experience, and knowledge, so If you have a passion for doing something of your own, then go out in battleground and fight it out like a samurai warrior
Connect With Ram on
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
Follow The Midlife Station on
And last, may I request you?
If you enjoyed listening to the episode, then can you please subscribe to this podcast so that you never miss on our latest episode
Also, do share your love and feedback on the podcast, our guests, and pretty much anything that you want to convey. You can write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last but not the least, if you think someone will benefit from the show, then please do spread the word and share the podcast with them
Best Wishes and Cheers 🙂