Do you love conversations?
While some people may not love it but there are few people for whom it becomes the basis of whatever they do in life, and this is exactly true for Sri Ram Kumar.
Sri Ram left his high profile corporate career in his mid-40s to pursue his passion for conversations. Today, he is a much sought after trainer and speaker who helps people in deriving their best out of every conversation they have.
A TEDx speaker, his TEDx speech gives a different definition of SUCCESS as we know it and he outlines in the speech, the SHIFT framework to achieve the same.
Sri Ram worked for around 20+ years in the corporate world with stints in the IT, BPO and Banking domains in a variety of functions ranging from like Business Strategy Planning, M&A/JV, Integration, Client Engagement, Strategic Marketing and Branding, Corporate Communications, Employee Engagement, and Leadership Development, amongst others before he switched to a career in Coaching and Facilitation.
In the last three years, he has clocked more than 15,000 plus hours of facilitating and coaching experience for clients from diverse industries.
- TEDx speech and SHIFT framework for Success
- Key qualities that helped him grow his midlife
- Leaving his stable job in the mid-40s
- Key Principle for having impactful Conversations
- 3:55 TedX talk experience and why he chose success as a key topic for the talk
- 6:10 What is SHIFT framework for Success
- 9:32 Top 3 characteristics that helped Sriram to grow in his career during midlife
- 18:00 How Sriram kept himself updated to adapt to different kind of situations during corporate life
- 21:33 Thoughts on career stagnancy and removing the resistance and self-limiting beliefs.
- 28:24 Why Sriram thought it was a right time to move out of corporate career during his mid-40s
- 34:31 Financial considerations while Sriram was planning for the switch
- 36:05 Any other considerations that one needs to take while planning for transition
- 40:50 How long it took Sriram to achieve stability post transitioning out to a new career
- 44:06 Thoughts on Going deeper at one thing v/s being a jack of all trades
- 49:16 What is Sriram’s definition of conversations
- 51:39 Thoughts/tips on developing the connect during the conversations
- 54:34 Quickfire segment
- Irrespective of whether the situation is a personal or professional one, go ahead and share your opinion. Don’t restrict yourself with the thought of what will other person think. Constantly voicing your opinions, will make you more confident and noticeable in front of people and it will just be a matter of time before they would start seeking your perspective before making any decision
- To move forward, it is imperative to have a plan in place, think of what you want to do, something that is quite close to your heart, then work towards it by being fully committed and as you move forward in journey, do not forget to have a community of like-minded people and finally do celebrate your win once you reach your destination
- Conversations need to have Simplicity, specificity, and Silence so that it can be impactful. At the same time, it should be delivered with a purpose, intent and right amount of content
Connect With Sri Ram on
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
Follow The Midlife Station on
And last, may I request you?
If you enjoyed listening to the episode, then can you please subscribe to this podcast so that you never miss on our latest episode
Also, do share your love and feedback on the podcast, our guests, and pretty much anything that you want to convey. You can write to me on email@example.com
Last but not the least, if you think someone will benefit from the show, then please do spread the word and share the podcast with them
Best Wishes and Cheers 🙂